Before we had kids, Steve and I had BIRTHDAY WEEKS!! It was SO FUN!!
We'd do something every night for a week and even one year got a gift each day of the week, I think! It was fun. My mother-in-law makes still talks about our "Birthday weeks" we used to have.
Well, then came kids....
And, now it seems like THEY get the birthday weeks.
So, Tyler's started a week before his birthday. We went our for dinner at Carlos and decided to tell them it was his birthday!! He got to wear a Sombrero and get his picture taken. (Tyler does like to get his picture taken!!) The staff doesn't sing to you---so we all sang to him!!
Then, a FRIEND Birthday Party
Jackson, Ethan, Tyler, and Harrison
Braden and Jacob couldn't come!!
We went to LUNAR GOLF (glow in the dark miniature golf) at the Mall.
It was FUN!!!
Of course Jaden and Paige joined us!!!
Then, a FAMILY Birthday Party
Our new addition to our Birthday Decorations!
Tyler's teacher made these blocks ( I bought them from her).
I love them! And, the other side is GIRLY!!!! So cute!!
It took Tyler a while to decide what his "theme" was going to be.
He picked Basketball.
He debated about Football but we decided since he didn't play football this year, we'd do Basketball and then Football next year---since he plans to play football next year!
We'll see if he really chooses Football next year!!
Listening to his MUSICAL Card....
Of course, birthdays are FUN because of the GIFTS!!!!!
Nurf football, Wal-mart gift-card, Kinex's, $CASH$, Disney Apples to Apples game, a new sweat-suit, Crocs (real CROCS, not the Target brand!!!, an NBA Wii basketball game---Jaden appreciated this gift and even thanked Grandma and Grandpa!! and an electric scooter!!!
As usual---he made out quite good!!!
Riding his new scooter a few days later----in his new sweat-suit!!!
We have some SERIOUS rules with this scooter---it could be dangerous!!!
The be-loved GRANDPARENTS
Tyler's cousins and siblings!
And, then TREATS TO SCHOOL
I let Paige go with me to take the treats to school because Jaden and Grandpa Roth
ate lunch with Tyler earlier this day!!
What to take for snacks at school????
Tyler wanted M&M cookies. So, I thought I would be a good mom and make homemade cookies!! I don't think I have made "homemade" cookies in at least 5 years. Why?
When the cookie dough at the store is SO GOOD!!!
I made a double batch so Jaden could take some to school too.
3 hours later..... I am finally done!
Tyler tries the cookies and DOES NOT LIKE THEM!!! His exact words, "they don't taste like the other cookies we always have." (the store bought dough). I said, "they are homemade". "Homemade?" he questions.... I don't think he even knew what "homemade" was!! or that there is a difference from how I normally make them!
So-- "good mom" does not mean homemade cookies at my house!
The Pillsbury dough is good enough for my kids!! Awesome for me!!
Here's Tyler at 8 years old.
One tooth growing in and another about to fall out!!!
And, we're getting a haircut this week! How short can I go with it??
Birthday Week is OVER!!! Til next year! We love you!










1 comment:
that's funny about the cookies. Looks like a fun week - I'm sad I missed the basketball party. Those blocks are cute. I've wanted to make a Happy Bday banner that is boyish on one side and girly on the other - we'll see if it ever happens!
Post a Comment