Summer started TODAY at 4:15pm
To get ready for summer...
**I went to the grocery store and bought LOTS OF FOOD!! Lots of SNACKS foods! (we'll see how long these snacks last!)
**have cleaned out closets--got rid of long-sleeve shirts/pants
**bought a few more summer clothes
**cleaned up the back-yard and replanted shrubs that had died!
**caught up on laundry today
to name just a few things!!
Yes---this is my pantry shelf. I am so proud because we actually have it FULL!!!!! I don't usually buy lots of "Snack" foods, but today I did. So, at least for the first week of SUMMER, they'll eat good.
I also bought a watermelon...doesn't that signify summer!!!
Then, when Tyler got off the bus today...ready to go on to 2nd grade. We ALL greeted him with a GIANT SUCKER (their last day of school treat).
Then, fudge-sicles outside
Swimsuits/slip n slide/sprinklers with the neighbor kids and a BBQ with Wilkinson's! The kids played outside from 4-8pm and had a BLAST! Then, in for baths!!
Paige, Leah, Jaden, Hallie, Tyler, and Jaycee
Tyler really was having fun---not sure why he is looking like he is!
Then, because that wasn't enough FUN for one day, we let the kids sleep in the tent in the basement and watch a movie. We told them at 10pm we had to turn it off. Tyler and Paige were asleep about 9:30pm. Jaden made it til 10pm and then we turned off the movie, UP. (I wanted to set the tent up outside and camp in the back-yard---Steve was not up for that!!)
It was a FUN NIGHT!!!
Summer's here, ready or NOT!!!
Summer's here, ready or NOT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment