Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Wranglers Game

My goal this year is to DO MORE with my kids. I (and Steve) could just let them play and I could work, work, work. I could work on Premier, I could clean, I could organize, I could re-arrange, I could, I could, I could. So, I am trying to DO more with the kids.
So---thanks to the Summer Reading Program... the kids got free tickets to the Wranglers game!
So, we went.

The game started at 7pm.
We could get there at 6:15 to meet some of the players and ask questions.


On the way to the game, Jaden had drawn a picture for the "baseball man".
So, after the questions, I let Jaden give it to him. Jaden was SO VERY PROUD.
And, then they got their picture taken with the "baseball men".
The starting pitcher for the Wranglers (not sure of his name) is holding Jaden's picture and the other player is the back-up pitcher. Jaden wanted to know what he was going to do with his picture. I assured him he would hang it up in his locker (after I explained what a locker was).

Paige with a mouth full of corn-dog.
OH---so the kids' tickets were free ($12 value, total). Steve and I's tickets were $8.
And, then $30 worth of FOOD!!
No wonder they give free tickets away---they still make a killing off of us!
I wanted to be a cheap mom and make the kids eat sandwiches before the game. But, then I decided they would have fun eating dinner at the game.
So, nachos, pretzel with cheese, Diet Coke for all to share, hamburger, corndogs, and hotdogs. Gross. And, $30.
And after all that....they still wanted more.
I talked them into ice-cream cones from McD on the way home ($1 each!!)




Yeah, the stands are not over-flowing at these games!


I even let the boys go down to the "good seats" for a bit because they weren't full either.


It was a fun night.
We got there at 6pm and left at 8:30, in the 3rd inning.
The kids had fun, but didn't care if we stayed til the end. We had church the next morning and we wanted to get them in bed!!
I'm glad we went and we'll go again sometime!

No comments: